GET READY FOR WVBS 2023!
Mark your calendars! The 9th annual Willamette Valley Bird Symposium is scheduled for Saturday, January 21, 2023.
Registration is open!
The 2023 Symposium will return to being held IN PERSON (pending university approval if COVID conditions are deemed sufficiently safe). Follow the link to register.
After 2 years of Zoom-style symposiums, we are back to offering great talks and camaraderie among bird enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds in the Willamette Valley.
• Regular Registration Deadline: January 9th, 2023
What’s included with regular registration?
Regular registration includes admission to the symposium and lunch. Regular registration does not include commemorative items or free swag.
• Late Registration Deadline: January 20th, 2023 at 3 PM
What’s included with late registration?
Late registration includes admission to the symposium only. Late registration does not include commemorative items, free swag, or lunch.
Being Green At WVBS
YOU can make a difference! Help WVBS and our planet by reducing your waste during the Symposium. Here are a few tips:
- Bring your own coffee mug, thermos, and/or water bottle for refills
- Your swag bag is a great place to carry a cloth napkin and reusable cutlery so we can keep those items out of our landfill!
- If you do use single-use items while at the event, be sure to keep an eye out for recycling and composting bins and toss them appropriately to reduce your footprint
- Wear a cloth facemask instead of the disposable option
Have other ideas? We’d love to hear how you stay green and help keep our community and planet zero-waste! Please email email@example.com for suggestions.
What is WVBS?
An annual, day-long symposium bringing together professionals, students, and amateurs from the Willamette Valley to celebrate birds. Learn more.
Did you miss our 2022 symposium? Don’t worry! You can still check out all the cool talks below.
Check out the talks from our 2021 Symposium here!
“Great format & more enjoyable than ever – talks were excellent & good humor too.”
“Love the true mix of young professional, graduate, [and] new speakers. Like the fact that it’s a bird, not birding, symposium – [makes a] big difference and casts a wider net.”
“Great event! The speakers were awesome & lots of topics were covered. Definitely appreciated the keen birders giving their points of view.”
“This is the 3rd symposium I’ve attended. All have been excellent!”
Stay tuned for our updates on the photo contest and donation options!!
Find out more about how to get involved. We hope to see you soon!