What is WVBS?
An annual, day-long symposium bringing together professionals, students, and amateurs from the Willamette Valley to celebrate birds. Learn more.
• 2021 Symposium will be held VIRTUALLY to ensure the safety of participants and broaden our audience.
• 2021 virtual event will be a FREE event, with donation options to local wildlife center and regional bird habitat conservation.
• Links for accessing virtual talks will be provided upon registration (coming soon!!).
2021 Symposium Highlights:
• THREE virtual Special lecture series by prominent ornithologists
• Short scientific presentations
• Online photo contest
2021 Keynote Speakers
• Stay tuned for our newest updates on keynote speakers!
• We will have a series of invited keynote talks in 2021 WVBS.
• Learn more about our previous keynote speakers here.
“Great format & more enjoyable than ever – talks were excellent & good humor too.”
“Love the true mix of young professional, graduate, [and] new speakers. Like the fact that it’s a bird, not birding, symposium – [makes a] big difference and casts a wider net.”
“Great event! The speakers were awesome & lots of topics were covered. Definitely appreciated the keen birders giving their points of view.”
“This is the 3rd symposium I’ve attended. All have been excellent!”
The 2020 WVBS was featured on Hannah and Erik Go Birding. Listen to the podcast
Stay tuned for our updates on the photo contest and donation options!!
Find out more about how to get involved. We hope to see you soon!